99 designs portfolio link

Go to 99designs, #1 for Logo Design

Thursday, November 17, 2011

#theUpComersProject: Kyrie Irving

I was sitting in my brand new leather, office chair when I thought of the idea to improve my vector art skills by creating a collection of vector art of the top 10 up and coming prospects in all 4 major sports. #theUpComersProject
AHA! This gives me 10 "semi-practice" projects that will help me improve my craft. It also creates excitement on the web by seeing some of the most talented athletes in our country today, VECTOR STYLE!

The first person I wanted to vectorize was Kyrie Irving, the newly drafted point guard for the Cleveland Cavaliers, (if you didn't already know...). Why KI? Simply put, I've been involved in the game of basketball my entire life, in fact, I've been playing the game my entire life. It's who I am and what I once pursued with a fiery passion. Besides Kyrie has the potential to be one of the best point guards in the game, (as if the NBA need any more fantastic pg's). The League is full of amazing talent at the one position and Kyrie will definitely make his impact as the game has evolved into a "guards" era!

Below is the first vectorization of this exciting new project.




For the most part, I think it turned out well. I place the red values in the background to compliment the green jersey which gave it a nice "BOOM" effect. Now I guess it's time to start on the next composition, but I'm not sure who it should be yet..

should I look at the NFL's top prospects,

or maybe the MLB.. the hero of the 2011 World Series...

ummmm...Decisions, Decisions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment